Thursday 16 July 2009

Recent Reads

Powerful, thrilling, and moving. It's about pushing yourself to the limit to feel the ultimate rush; the danger in going so far for one moment of bliss or release. I've actually never read any Tim Winton before, and I'm now excited to make my way through his back catalog. Reviews etc are here.

Another intense and powerful read, about a man who designs for himself the perfect, American-dream life, only for it to be shattered by the transformation of his daughter and an event that he finds difficult to understand. It is completely compelling, energetic, and fascinating. I enjoyed it a lot. It is part of a trio of books by Roth. I've read The Human Stain, and the other novel in the series, I Married A Communist, is on my bookshelf waiting for some attention.

No comments: